Monday, September 27, 2010

Reality setting in...


Well, here we are 4 days away from the launch date. We have finished all the birthday festivities for our 2 year old (as of today) and we are starting to think, uh oh... no more new stuff... do we need anything? We have 4 days left how many stores can we hit before we can't anymore. Well actually we found ourselves in the mall a couple of days ago and I said, "I am not going to miss this place"... Well at least that's what I said then. We'll see a month from now, or even a couple days in. We want what we can't have. Hopefully I will be able to break that habit. Carissa's cake turned out great despite the upset stomach, here's a peak:


Dane and the kids loved it. The parents weren't sold on us giving it to their kids... It was a great day. Excited about what is creeping closer and closer. Oct 1 is coming quick, the adventure is imminent.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Jason and Carissa. ..I spotted your blog on facebook and am so happy to be able to follow your journey in separating needs from wants. I am sure I will be motivated to waste less.

    Thank you for the "happy" mail today. . .I much prefer that to the regular bills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks like it was full of sugar and spice....good thing everyone took their own kids home after the sugar high. They probably were glad that the kids went swimming after the party in the park to get rid of some of the 'green' and energy. You are causing me to think hard when I am in the grocery store and mall. Needs...wants....needs...wants. I seem to busy both, but I do like the challenge you have put before me to think. Mom

    ReplyDelete