Tuesday, October 5, 2010

4 days in

Well, either you all thought we failed to begin or we died when Oct 1st happened. Neither are true. In fact, things are going well. We are underway... Carissa is upstairs in the kitchen blending all our tomato bounty from the garden into delicious soup for the next while.

We are excited right now, and the urge to spend has not reared its ugly head yet, though a few days before it was definitely tempting to go out and get a couple things, which we did not. However, we spent the weekend in Chilliwack, BC with family and I brought home some fresh salmon from the river. That was some fun fishing! It wasn't my catch though. Anyways, we are excited about this next year, there is no turning back now. We are all in.

3 comments:

  1. hey guys, so sorry that we didn't have a chance to connect while you were in wpg earlier.
    i do want to say though that i am thrilled to encourage you in this journey. ALL of us should aspire to live a more simpler and meaningful life.
    I am sure that I will learn a lot from you as I follow you in this journey.
    May you be so richly blessed from what God has planned for you, you won't even miss the "stuff".
    love tante lottie....;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one bumper crop of tomatoes. I remember watering them when I was there in the summer. I think you should get some chickens and you could have tomato eggs and soup! Sounds like you are having fun with this new life style. I think it is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tomato bounty is right!! Kudos!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete