Monday, January 24, 2011

Project 1 down

When we began this adventure, we wanted to try new things. So Carissa signed me up for the "Sketchbook Project" It is a project where you get a sketch book, a theme and a deadline. I got my sketchbook, my theme... and what I thought was the deadline. However my sketchbook was returned to me in the mail today. But never fear they will still accept it. It is through:

http://www.brooklynartlibrary.com

I completed my sketches of old childhood hockey cards, though a little ridiculous I was happy with the turn out. It was a fun experience, and it got me drawing a bit again, one of many things I "no longer have time for"... It was great to choose to have time for it.

I am also in the process of turning some old plaques and deer antlers into fun coat hangers and a jewellery tree for Carissa. Anyway, I also have realized again how bad of a blogger I am.

I just wanted to say, I am learning that when you don't shop you have time to try new things and enjoy old things. Hopefully I'll have more for you to follow.

1 comment:

  1. I was surprised to open your blog and see the new template...and even a post! (smiling, as I so get it!) I think dad may recognize those antlers.
    Glad to hear you are drawing again. I still think that you should find a children's story book writer and do drawings for their book....you just never know! Mom

    ReplyDelete