Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bad blogger

Well, I am realizing one thing through all of this... I am a bad blogger. Anyway, here we are and it is October 12th. We are 12 days into this adventure and its been fun. I had my first eye opener... I had to go get some groceries, while wandering through the store I found myself thinking, ooh that's nice, I should get it. Or, Dane could use a new little t-shirt, I like that one. Suddenly it hit me how well I am trained to shop. It was a shocking yet good realization.

Today is the big grocery shop for the week, Carissa is out braving the store with 2 little boys, We will see if she returns triumphant. I am supposed to be off to a meeting, but there has been a mix up with keys and I am stuck at home waiting until she returns.

We also had our first experience of going to a birthday and having had to have planned a head, since we couldn't stop on the way and grab a gift, gift bag and card. I'll let Carissa post the gift idea and the result. I thought it turned out great! It was for one of Dane's little friends. I think he liked it. Anyway, back to being productive.

4 comments:

  1. This is quite the adventure that you will be on. Know that you will be upheld in prayer. It is amazing how much stuff we just buy without really thinking about it and when we must we realize that it really isn't necessary. I know that you both will come out on the otherside with so much more appreciation for what God has given you! We love you lots. Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered about gifts.....I'm looking forward to hearing what Dane's friend received for a gift. I'm sure it was perfect! I thought about that the other day and thought that you could make play dough....I've posted it on MGCC. I enjoy each post you do....keep them coming. Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. now you have me curious as to what you came up with. i really like this new way of thinking that you guys have. spread the ideas around, we can all do a lot less spending, and more living.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was brilliant.. and Jude loved it.

    ReplyDelete