Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Santa's Workshop

Well we are 2 weeks away from Christmas and I have a new appreciation for Elves... We have made a handful of gifts and have an arm load left to go. Somehow putting little green pants and hats on Dane and Elias hasn't translated into faster gift making. It worked for Santa. Oh well. It has been a great experience of being creative, learning new things and playing on our strengths to make and create gifts worthy of giving. But, I will say the gift I have made for Carissa is probably the gift I am most excited to give this year. Not only that but it is probably the most excited I have been to give her a gift in 6 years of marriage. So stay tuned to a post Christmas post where I can show you all what it was. It is a lot of work. But it has been really enjoyable. We will be sitting in our basement as a family again tonight huddled around the sewing machine and power tools as we continue to create gifts!

The best part about this Christmas for me though... is not having to go to the MALL! YEAH! Christmas shopping is my nemesis.

-Jason

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see what you guys have done; I'm already nervous about next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun to receive the gifts you made for me this year....I have my coupon for dinner on the fridge that I will redeem on your next visit. I was amazed at all the thought, time and creativity you both put into your gifts this year. I loved what you made for Carissa....I won't say anything until you post it. I know she loves it!!!!Mom

    ReplyDelete